1) Ran out of dry shampoo? It happens to the best of us and can be a real problem when there just isn’t time to shampoo. If you find yourself in this situation, try using a little loose foundation powder around your hairline. You can buff it in with an old makeup brush. Baby powder works too, but be careful on those dark locks, you don’t want to over use and look dusty!
2) The 5 minute Updo. Are you hitting the town tonight and in a rush? Put your hair into a ponytail (side pony or in the back, it’s your choice). Section hair into 3-5 pieces and curl. Pin curls into the elastic ponytail holder and you have a romantic-style updo that took only a few minutes to create!
3) Get great morning hair. For a smoother look in the mornings, try putting your hair in a bun at the very top of your head before going to sleep. Having a top bun will help your hair to be less affected by resting on your pillow. You’ll notice this makes your hair smooth and tangle free when you wake!
4) Curls that hold. If you have trouble getting your hair to hold a curly style, try “setting” the curl for better hold. Loop your curled piece of hair into a circular shape all the way to the root, mist lightly with hairspray and pin to the base of the curl (roots). Let the hair cool in that position. Wait ( 5-10 mins), allowing your hair to cool. You’ll have curls that last all day and night!
5) Hair spraying for volume. When you want to achieve hold and lift at the same time, it can be difficult. Next time you need a little lift in your volume try using hairspray – and the can it comes in! Section hair into 1-2 inch sections, mist hairspray on the section and stretch the hair over the hairspray canister. Keep the section wrapped around the canister for a minute or two, allowing your hair to dry. You’ll have a better hold on that volume all day long.